Saturday, December 5, 2015

New Zealand: Queenstown and More

Queenstown was one of those places that as you're traveling in, you can actually picture yourself living in. It was the perfect mix of city and nature. There was the prettiest park with all these families and their kids. People were paddle boarding and boating on the water, it was amazing. We ate at Fergurger which was had the biggest and best burgers around. We loved wandering the little shops. It was such a quaint little town.  
Stopped at the Remarkables Sweet Shop and sampled some chocolates! This picture reminds me of our time in Belgium when we sampled the best chocolates in the world, seriously.
We rode the gondola in Queenstown and went luging up at the top! It was so cool. 
Lyle decided to play with the kids toys. I guess we need one of these when we have kids!
Patagonia Chocolates had the best desserts.
NZ had the coolest birds and animals.
Milford Sound was pretty cloudy that day but that didn't stop us from having fun in the rain.
We stopped at random stops for pictures because NZ is stunning everywhere. Everyone kept telling us the South island was prettier and they were right! 
I have dreamed about skydiving in NZ ever since I read an article about this man skydiving there and how amazing it was. I know you can skydive anywhere but NZ is so breathtaking I wanted this to be the place. It was a fortune. I highly highly recommend picking which adrenaline pumping activity you want to do when you get there because there are so many options. Bungy jumping was an option but they have the highest bungy right near us at home so that made the decision easier. If you can only do it once, do it at the best one! 
Ignore how terribly gross I look here please.
Lake Tekapo is covered in flowers and one of the prettiest lakes I've seen!
This field was actually buzzing with bees so I was freaking out a bit but they didn't bother me at all.
xo Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment