Sunday, May 1, 2011

so darn blessed.

So an hour ago i was feeling way blessed, i mean i still am, im very aware of how lucky i am but its funny how it all turned out. This past week has been a rollercoaster of emotions between feeling blessed and not so blessed, but i love it- the good, bad and the ugly :)

BLESSED!--Today i had chinese food. Chinese food makes me SO happy. You honestly have no idea. I'm one of those people whose day can go from bad to great just by food. Its funny but ive always been this way, Meghan and i are the exact same. At breakfast we would both ask what was for dinner...and let me just say i have tried like 3 different chinese food places in and around Provo and they arent good. However, today, all that changed. Someone at work suggested this chinese place and it was sooo good. (i feel like this sounds like a fat blog and next ill start an entry about all the food i ate today...)

Yeah, NOT SO BLESSED!-- because i then left the amazing chinese food in Kaleys car. crap.

BLESSED!--My previous room mate Millie offered to drive me to the DMV so i can finish my residency stuff. I forget my license. Two days later my new roomie and longtime friend Rach offers to drive me to the DMV. yay.

NOT SO BLESSED!-- The DMV is closed. Really? twice now something comes up that makes me feel like i am not supposed to be living in Utah. However then Rach and i stop at IHOP and get chocolate chip pancakes and i'm feeling a little on the blessed side. 

BLESSED!-- only 11 days until i go home to see the best family that anyone could ask for! I cant wait for RITAS!! seeing my family and doggies and friends and everything. im way excited!

NOT SO BLESSED!-- i still have 11 days....and the past couple days have been really hard for some reason. I'm normally happy pretty much all the time but lately i've been i guess the right word is homesick? because i just keep thinking about going home and missing them and all that and its been terrible.

No but really, i can not say enough how lucky i am to keep in such great contact with my family and on busy days to get texts from my mom saying how much she loves and misses me. I have the best little niece and nephew too. Being away from my family has been the biggest challenge in my life, one that i chose by living out here but i know that im where im supposed to be so it makes it a little bit easier.

BLESSED!--My best friend Heather was in Disney doing an internship this semester and shes like family to me so having her here made things a little easier but this semester i didnt have her but Kaley and i have been hanging out a ton! Kaley and i met in September when we both had an orientation at Sizz and weve been way close since. I can not say enough good things about her, shes just someone i clicked with instantly. Tonight we went to Texas Roadhouse and it was so much fun! I can truthfully say that like 4 guys came up to our table and randomly talked to us and we werent even giving off the come talk to us vibe...it was one of those nights where we had tons to talk about and were animatedly talking and im just confused as to why everyone chose tonight to talk to us but oh well it was so fun.

Not SO BLESSED!-- She lives in South Jordan...butttttt we are working hard to change that for fall because i would love it if she was my room mate!

BLESSED!-- i met the most perfect guy ever. I wasnt even really attracted to him when i met him to be honest but ive gotten to know him so well and he is exactly the type of guy i would want to marry. He's smart, charming, funny, talented and he fits my lengthy criteria. I've been waiting for a long time to meet someone like you

Not SO BLESSED!-- i finally found the right guy out here and hes taken. oh of course. good job caitlin, two thumbs up on this one. Go you...

BLESSED!-- I've been making way good money so i decided i'd treat myself to the red toms ive been wanting from Nordstrom.

Not SO BLESSED!-- they didnt have my size. However feeling a little blessed because i need to be saving up for a car so maybe it was a good thing although i know i will end up getting them eventually so there we are back to blessed...or maybe not. Hmm this one is tricky..

Also on a side note, H&M is coming to Utah and all i can say is why wasnt H&M out here in the first place? Back in MD it was one of my favoritest stores! Its like forever 21 because its so cheap and i love everything so this is pretty exciting for all you Utah people who have been so deprived.

SOO BLESSED!-- My aunt Tina was in town for a few days from Colorado for a Time out for women thing and i got to see her twice! On thursday after work she picked me up and took me out to dinner and wouldnt let me pay. Friday she did the same thing and even surprised me with groceries. It was so fun having some family to show my apartment and meet some of my room mates and hang out with. It definitely made my week! I love you aunt tina.

Not so BLESSED!-- shes gone now :/ and now i miss her and my family a lot more.

Also a lot of people moved out of the ward and its kinda empty. Bye kelly!

BLESSED!--i made bank at work thursday night, well for me. An all time high especially since im a new server. I made $70 in like 3 hours. Actually work in general has gone well i guess you could say because tonight i did expo and i didnt totally suck. I did kinda well i think?

Then later that night Mill said this quote and i thought it was way funny.
Me:"Look at all my 5's! I'm sucha good server"
Mill: "Look at all your 1's, youre sucha good stripper..."

Nope theres no downside to this one :) so i'll end on a positive note, bc those are the best


Life wouldnt be life if it didnt have all the ups and downs. Normally my life seems like its all ups but its only fair if every now and then i get some downs too...i mean i guess... but as you can see it was a busy last week in April for me

No comments:

Post a Comment