Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter weekend

last weekend was Easter and overall a pretty busy weekend:
lyle and i went to a reception,
garrett & nadines housewarming party! (it was so beautiful!)
and a group date to this arcade place Nickelcade- these are only a few of the couples left at the end of the night when we decided to take a picture.
oh and congrats to Philip & Cat (on the left) on just getting engaged the night before! I am so happy for them. The first of many of my friends i'm sure ;) Anyway, lyle and i won over 800 tickets! with that we got a bunch of random stuff-including a back scratcher, candy, a 200 ticket ring (lyle truly splurged here) and my favorite some sweet staches, with which we then decided to have a photoshoot.
in preparing to meet my dad, lyle decided to get a stache as well! Lookin good babe
" i look really stupid." <----lyles reaction to this picture haha. i beg to differ.
On Sunday Lyle came to early church with me and then we came home and made some deviled eggs and cadberry egg cupcakes to take to his parents house for dinner. He is always the biggest help when it comes to cooking & baking. Most times i let him watch ESPN and i'll be in the kitchen but i took him up on his offer and he was so helpful! I'll look up at him and he'll be watching me and its the cutest thing ever. For some reason i am so obsessed with this picture of him- he however, is not...
Get the recipe here ---> Cadbury Egg Cupcake recipe
i dont even like cadbury eggs but lyle loves them so we made them and they looked exactly like the picture. We put the big eggs in some and even got some of the small ones and did the others with those. (see picture above). They were a hit and doing the frosting was so fun.
"this is a really good picture of us"...said in all seriousness...
Then we had dinner at Lyles parents house and did an Easter egg hunt. His parents even got me a cute Easter basket which i wasnt expecting and was extremely nice. We then played games and lyle and his brothers played ping pong. I'm really glad lyles family likes cards and games just as much as me and my family. I always get sad being away from my family for holidays but lyles family is so nice and inclusive that it wasnt terrible. Hope you had a great Easter too!
xoxo CAIT xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment