Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I love you Austin.

the city, not the person... don't worry.
Our first stop, post Lyle being done with Summer sales, was none other than the city of Austin, TX. I have always wanted to go there. As I typically do, I made a huge list of fun things for us to eat, see and do. 
But first we said goodbye to the Houston temple.
we posed with cute walls.
Churro Co.
and ate the yummiest treats. Gourmet churros, I have seen it all.
The food trucks were all amazing.
"hiked" up to the 360 degree bridge lookout for some amazing views.
Explored the beautiful capitol
"Hiked" to Mount Bonnell
ventured out to Jacobs Well. I wasn't feeling too well this day though so I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.
 Quite possibly my favorite wall in the entire world.

Pumpkins.
Gourdough's Donut Truck. 
Hamilton Pool Reserve
We weren't allowed to get in because of bacteria levels in the water but it was SO cool. There were these huge catfish in there and it unreal. A couple of the watering holes are outside of Austin but they are so worth it.

We wandered around Allen's Boots, got the Cookie Butter Shake and some chocolate covered bacon from Big Candy Top Shop, ate at the food trucks, ate the most amazing burger at Hopdoddy Burger Bar (yes it's worth the wait), attempted to wait in line for Franklins BBQ but decided 3 hours was much to long for that, wandered South Congress Ave and fell in love with all the cute little unique shops. I really loved our time in Austin. & if you love the walls as much as me:

"I love you so much" -1300 S Congress Ave

"You're my butter half"-2000 E. MLK Jr. BLVD


"Greetings from Austin"-1720 S. First Street

(we didn't make it to this one but its super cute!)

Some other fun ideas for you are Barton Springs, Paddle Board at Lady Bird Lake, Oasis at Lake Travis for sunset, venture out to Enchanted Rock or Krause Springs. 
Oh man we will miss Texas.
Love, Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment