Monday, January 9, 2012

oh hayy first dayy

1st day of school for the new year!
Well i woke up at 6:59...dont know why but i liked it better than 7
my katniss boots!! LOVE them. the only important part of the outfit. I was all prepared with my new outfit laid out, new boots, scrunched hair, the works. I headed over to the bus stop and ran into Tj who was so sweet & helped to start my day well.
First class-Geology
While staring at rocks is sure to be the highlight of my semester i at least got lucky with my teacher. First thoughts? he looks like this guy:
not that im super attracted to this guy but the teacher is interesting and when i start making comparisons (i've probably done this to many of you) things start going downhill because then you stop listening to the ever boring overview of the syllabus and start envisioning your geology teacher in an abandoned warehouse thing dancing intensly and this is very amusing. Then you notice an earring, or so you think, is it? Ren would never. But then you realize that this is not relevent and you should focus but you are already too far gone with this imagination of yours. As you slowly come back into reality you hear "each something we'll do a little something." Well...no communication barriers here...at least i'm pretty sure i can pull out an A, if I stop having Footloose daydreams...
Welcome to Astronomy
Two science classes starting my mornings off? I guess so. I love stars, always have. I needed an extra elective so why not learn something i would find interesting and maybe even useful. This class is a huge lecture room and not a cute boy in sight. Except the little freshman who i had a lecture with last semester. Hes adorable but so weird we keep having classes together...this really nice girl sat next to me and talked to me the whole time. Luckily i couldnt find anyone to compare this teacher too so i was able to focus the whole time. He was very um animated? hahaha a little odd. He has this really strong country cowboy accent going on too. This class doesnt seem too hard though, just a lot of busy work.
On to ASL
This class is making me hate life already. The teachers deaf and he fingerspells faster than anyone in the whole world i'm sure...didnt know what was happening half the class because i was on the side and i wasnt seeing his hand straight on and it was annoying. We have an extra hour of mandatory labs each week and like 20 hours of no voice to log by the end of the semester, ALONG with another 8 hours preparation for some project. What?? This is like 3 classes in one. I mean at least i think this is what is required, we didnt really understand much. I am so stressed out about this class but i cant even drop it because i need it for my major. Oh and he will be collecting .50 for each time we speak/he sees our mouth move. I guess i'm going to carry around a bunch of quarters from now on...
UGH MATH
I basically run from the 6th floor of the GT building to the 2nd floor of the LA. Just my luck, everyone reserved a seat front and center just for me. I guess everyone knows just how much i love math...some of my first thoughts? Yet another class with 0 boys and my poor teacher is like 70 years old. I started to worry about her age and wonder if she would be up to teaching some crazy college students when in walks one of the most beautiful guys on campus. First thing is hes dressed amazing-watch, baseball fitted, oxford, sweet shoes (i really liked them) and crystal clear blue eyes. I found myself leaning back in my chair to see his eyes and figure out what ethnicity the kid was, it was hard to tell...but i was impressed. Oh back to the class, my teacher is a saint, she is the nicest, sweetest old lady ever. Theres a crap load of work in that class and it is math but she wants everyone to succeed SO much i know ill get an A. She also expects us to do 2 hours of the math lab a week....cool. I mean it is extra credit but who doesnt take those opportunities? Back to the boy, i do have some concerns: hes kind of seems dumb. I know thats mean to say but he dropped his ipad twice (WHO does that??), strolled in late and called out a ton. Also he may or may not be too young? And finally i can not date a boy whose as bad at math as me, i just cant. Oh well at least i can look at him...because as far as i'm concerned, he was the only cute boy on campus today.
Is this day over yet?? Ethics & Values
 My teacher is Canadian...
Its a class based on opinions & my class seems to have lots of them.
Everyone is loud.
Thus resulting in my playing on my iphone all class.
hey its a huge lecture class, no one saw...
However i did manage to find some major benefits: no final, no textbook purchase necessary & on Fridays were split into smaller groups bc were taught by TA's and i think my group got the cute one. All these hipster, artsy looking, independent film kinda guys were standing up front and i think we got the good one. He looks like Vinnie from Jersey shore (my favorite) if Vinnie was a hipster, artsy looking, independent film kinda guy...uh oh, another look alike. And then i managed to still fit in time to go to the gym after the longest day ever. Not to mention i was hungry because i forgot to pack a lunch and hadnt eaten since 7am...whoops.
I wont go into my institute classes yet because i have to decide which ones i want to stay in. I signed up for 3 but which 17 credits its far too much so ill prob just stick with 2. But i have one on Monday after Ethics & Values. I just signed up for it because Sarahs in it and itll be way fun to have a class with her! But i'll inform you about those later. To say i'm excited about my classes is the biggest fabrication ever. With a full class load, work part time, trying to help with UVUSA, church stuff and the gym, i think i can easily say i am not gonna have a social life this semester....

xoxo CAIT xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment