Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CANCUN, MEXICO

I love Cancun. I'll just start by saying that....I think I may even love Cancun more than the Dominican Republic. Why? Lots of reasons...its beautiful, theres so much to do and the people are so friendly. It could also be that this trip we went with a ton of friends so we were never bored. I HIGHLY recommend taking a trip with a big group sometime but don't feel bad if you need to get away for some alone time because in a romantic place like this, you'll want it!
 So we stayed here:
yeah not bad right! Lyle's manager said he has stayed at a few places along the beach and this was by far the nicest. If you're going to Cancun i suggest staying here!
Right on the beach...although most of the resorts are
My amazing lunch! shrimp, chicken and beef kabobs over rice. This was probably my favorite food i ate the whole trip.
Everyone raved about the churros from the Mexican restaurant. My husband being one of them! 
They had a couple restaurants that you could choose to eat at- nice sit down ones or a buffet (which was only good at breakfast) and some snack bars for lunch. All inclusive- including the room service and 600 pina coladas and miami vices we drank...whoops.
We got to cross off our bucket list a few things- one of which was Parasailing! I loved it. You got to see everything! They rode us out on Jetskis which was my favorite part and then we got to ride on the boat until it was our turn. We were up there for 10-12 minutes and it was amazing. Oh & we got to play with Bobba. She was ADORABLE. I was so in love. When i saw her we were in line for food and i started freaking out- lyle was like what?! 
These pictures of me arent that flattering but there is a monkey in them so who cares.
Bobba (the monkey) decided to pee on the head of the poor boy in front of me & i was grateful we got in the line right after him...
Oh and we saw some cool Mayan Ruins
standing in the doorway of our home...if we lived a gazillion years ago
^we hiked this bad boy. and my legs were dying the next day.
also getting up was a lot easier than getting down...
and sometimes wearing a maxi skirt may seem like a cute fun idea but it may not be so cute when you fall down the mayan ruins...just fyi. thankfully my husband reminded me to hold my skirt so i did not fall victim to such a tragedy.
us at the top!
on the way down...
what the sketch. 
Next stop: Chichen Itza....this we sadly could not climb
 the Mayans used to play a game here- They had to hit the ball through the hoop- this is the largest stadium...our tour guide referred to it as the superbowl arena for the mayans. 
Hieroglyphics of one of the players.
The captain of the winning team was sacrificed and he was all excited because he thought he was going to be a God. I would never want to win...
on top of one of the smaller ruins. We did our tour through Helaman Tours and i HIGHLY recommend it. Its an LDS tour group and it bring the Book of Mormon into it and how it plays a part and its awesome. 
of course i had to get a picture of one of the ancient aztec mayan dogs. There were tons of dogs running around- this one was one of the healthier ones- it was so depressing. 
Our group! (well not everyone but those who went on this excursion!)
After the ruins they fed us lunch and took us here, to swim in this almost cave like place.
Lyle would boogyboard ALL day. All the other husbands would come in for a break but nope not mine. He loved it. He was like let me teach you how but he forgot I grew up on the East Coast and have a lot of boogyboarding experience.
my husband is such as stud.
We played with Kenna while Brit & Jas got some beach time. But what started out as this...
 quickly turned to this....
& then i was like ya know someday....20 years from now we could have a zillion baby LCs running around and MAYBE if they are as good as Kenna I will be fine with it.
Lyle was acting like a paparazzi haha
 
We enjoyed the sun, went dancing at a club downtown, saw a cool Michael Jackson show & enjoyed Mexico. Coming back to the snow and cold weather was definitely terrible. I don't think I have ever said I don't want to leave so many times in my life. We still had so much more we wanted to do! Swimming with dolphins was next on our list but i guess we need to save some adventures for the rest of the year ;). It was an amazing way to start the year off- i could honestly not ask for a better trip. Its all thanks to this guy who earned this trip because of his hard work. I am so proud of him. I have this dream life because of him. Love you!
I cant wait for the rest of our adventures this year babe!
xoxo CAIT xoxo
P.S.-sorry for the picture overload! I am so in love with my new camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment