Monday, August 22, 2011

what would jimmy buffett do?

I love being on vacation.
Last week I was in Florida with my family & my grandparents.
Quick background: Florida is like my second home, my family has came down every August since I was born to stay with my dads parents. My aunt and cousins also live down the street.
Anyway this carefree vacation mood didnt really click in until recently and I've been in Florida like two weeks...hahah sad huh. But I have had a lot to worry about. So before i even left I had to squeeze in a temple recommend interview which i'll be honest is my fault because i have had that thing scheduled for weeks and for some reason or another had to cancel the interview or missed it. However i finally fit it in before i left and i am so happy! It's about time right. I am so excited to go to the temple with my room mates. A couple days into Florida, i got an email from the residency person at UVU telling me the dates didnt match up on my work letters. Well i did just get a new boss at work and thats why. I was so stressed thinking i wasnt going to get residency so i had to email them back trying to fix it. But 3 days later i got an email saying i was granted residency :)) I have been working on this for a long time, so to have it all be done with is so nice. And finally i guess good news comes in threes because i just found out the bus passes are $40 for a year! woohoo. Now last year i got one for $20 a year, however everyone has said that bus passes were gonna be about $80 a MONTH. Now what college student has money for that? I think UTA bus systems finally came to that same conclusion because I just found out they are only 40 so i am so relieved. Big mistake telling mom and dad because then my dad goes oh now you dont need a car! crap...how do i retract that comment..."oh just kidding dad, its only for BYU students...rats. Poor neglected UVU kids..." ;)

However after having this school stuff outta the way i am feeling great. Not much to stress about because now i can pay for school by myself! And a car isnt my biggest priority now but my parents are coming to visit me in September and they said they would help me look when they come out. I am so excited for my parents to finally see my apartment and where i work. So anyway the first week, we stayed in ocala where the weather was over 100 degrees a day and my grandparents have this amazing pool. My favorite thing is this old fashioned radio that never ever leaves the country station. I dont think it has in years actually. And you just lay out and it plays the best music. Down south has the absolute best country stations, i'm kinda jealous. Down south has the best food too. My favorite is this BBQ place called Sonnys. Megs and i love it! We also go to breakast at Richards, where my grandparents eat every single morning. Although i love eating, i also love sleeping in.

FOOD or SLEEPING IN
hmmmm.

I think the worry of getting fat from eating that food every morning makes my decision a little bit easier. We then went to Orlando and stayed in the Marriott Grande Vista. All i can say is WOW. It is amazing. I thought the hotel we stayed in last year was cool but this one takes the cake. My dad then told me the hotel were staying in next year is even better and i have no idea how thats possible. The checkin lady told my dad we had the most desired room and i'm not surprised, just check out our room view.
This was Nay and I's room, complete with out own flat big flat screen.
You cant really see but beyond the pool, is a bridge where people would fish off and you crossed it to this cute little sweet creamery where they have treats and icecream. I got birthday cake icecream and we sat at these little tables overlooking the water. As you can tell from below CJ loved his icecream! To top it off, there was this guy with a guitar who was redoing classics and country. He was so good. It was very relaxing.
We then hit up the outlets on the way home and shocker, i didnt buy a single thing. Let me tell you that this never happens. But oh well. We then went back to Ocala and did mini golfing and go karts and my dad and i tied for first place! Not as good as me being the single victor but oh well. If my brother was able to get off work and come on vacation he would have gotten first place. He loves golf- mini and real golfing. We missed you Shane! We also went go karting and i love it. "Now i know how Richard Petty feels..." I think Kenny Chesney should change it to Now i know how Trevor Bayne feels, or Kasey Kahne...even Jeff Gordon but oh well. I can see myself as a Nascar driver, i was so good at cutting people off and not letting anyone pass me. I absolutely loved it! Everyone had a really good time.

Proof i won...oh and you too dad.

I would also like to announce i helped save a toad. Now everywhere we go, someone in the family-usually my dad or shannon manage to find some critter to save. This little toad ran across the go kart track and we had to save him because it wasnt a safe environment for the little guy, so we relocated him. Isnt he just so cute!?
All in all, it was a good time.
Family vacations are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment