Tuesday, June 29, 2010

17 songs

17 songs that go with my life
(This was an assignment that I had to do for English and it was really fun to do and think of songs that reminded us of people or memories. basically just songs that made us think of something)


You are my sunshine- Elizabeth Mitchell


This song reminds me of my mom and when I was little because she would sing it to me. She would sing it whenever I got hurt, was just sitting with her or when I was going to bed. It’s basically the main song of my childhood and the only song that reminds me of it and my mom.


Gone Country- Alan Jackson


I chose this song because Alan Jackson was the first concert I ever went to and this is one of my favorite songs by him. I was around 6 or 7 years old and I remember standing on my chair and singing the words to ever single song that he played. Everyone around me was laughing but I didn’t care because it was the best first concert a little kid could ask for.


Brown eyed girl- Van Morrison


I love this song so much because I always wanted blue eyes so it was pretty sweet to have a song for the brown eyed girls. Also, randomly one day I just said the song was written about me, even though I wasn’t even born. To this day, every time I hear the song I tell everyone Van Morrison wrote the song about me.


Girls just wanna have fun- Cyndi Lauper


My best friend and I did karaoke to this one time and then we decided to make it the song for our friendship. We both made it the ringtone for each other and every time we hear it we dance and have so much fun. It’s perfect because that’s all we really care about, is having a good time.


Your love- Outfield


I would have to say this is one of my all time favorite song for many reasons. It is the one song I never get sick of and can listen to the whole way through, which is surprising because I have music ADD and can’t listen to songs all the way through. I also put it on every mix I make and it reminds me of summer, and who doesn’t like summer?


Please Mr. postman- the Shirelles


I love getting mail and I am always writing several friends at a time who are on missions. When I’m waiting for a letter, I’ll listen to this song because it’s so accurate. One of my best friends is in California for the next two years and in the song the girl is begging for a letter and I literally run to the mailbox everyday even if I know I just sent a letter.


Settlin’- Sugarland


I’ve made this the song to base my life upon. It’s so inspiring and how I want to go throughout life so I love listening to it. I’m a very ambitious person and I don’t want to settle for something when I know I can have or do better so this is just a reminder to basically go for what I want.


She’s always a woman- Billy Joel


I love every Billy Joel song. This song has tons of lyrics that describe me. “She can wound with her eyes…and she only reveals what she wants you to see.” My family always says I give really good death stares and I don’t really let too many people in and I always chose what I want them to see. Another stanza“She is frequently kind, and she's suddenly cruel, she can do as she pleases, She's nobody's fool,” describes me perfectly.


All I want for Christmas is you- Mariah Carey


Around thanksgiving, my family starts listening to Christmas music. It is honestly something we look forward to, and I always change my ringtone and ring back to this song to get ready for the holidays. This is always the first Christmas song I listen to every year because it’s my favorite one. I sometimes will even listen to it randomly through the year and it reminds me of how much I love the holidays.


Burning up- Jonas brothers


I am a HUGE Jonas brother fan and one summer my friends Katie and I decided to go to their concert during the Burning up tour. We searched everywhere and ended up paying around $180 for these amazing floor seats and it was totally worth every penny. It was such an amazing concert and while we waited in line for hours this song played over and over and over. Every time I hear this song I think of that day and how great it was.


She thinks my tractors sexy- Kenny Chesney


One year for lacrosse we had these dark green jerseys and we couldn’t think of a name, so one girl threw out the name the John Deere tractors and it stuck. We had signs and hats and it was the one year our team was undefeated. Every game we would warm up to this song as we ran laps and took shots. It was so much fun and reminds me of all the friendships I made with girls who I am still friends with to this day and the fun season we had.


Broadway-Goo Goo Dolls


In middle school my best friend moved to Florida and I went to visit her for a week. One day we came in from the pool and her brother was listening to the Goo Goo Dolls soundtrack and asked us if we wanted to play poker. I remember this song coming one as he tried teaching me the rules of the game and us attempting it. I felt so cool being with a high schooler playing poker and every time I hear this song I laugh at how embarrassing it was to have a crush on my best friends brother and the time he tried teaching me to play poker. By the way, he was unsuccessful.


Headstrong-Trapt


One of my best accomplishments in high school was making it onto the schools dance team my senior year. We danced to this song and it stands out more than any other song because this was our main dance and we did it at the Howard County Dance Festival and it got a standing ovation. It was our best dance and doing it took so much energy and power, it’s something you don’t forget.


Rock it til you drop it- Fefe Dobson


When I go running, this is the first song I put on. Even though it’s not the fastest or most upbeat song, I love to run to it. I always get really focused and speed up whenever it comes on. It’s on my running iPod playlist called run Caitlin run.


Wanna be-Spice Girls


This song makes me think of girl’s night out. I can count many times in the car with all my girlfriends going to the mall or a party and blaring this song as loud as it will go. It’s the song that everyone knows all the words to and you roll down the windows and act stupid. It is the perfect song to listen to when you go out with friends and I definitely take advantage of it.


Autobiography-Ashlee Simpson


This is another song that has lyrics that perfectly describe me. I selected this song for a class in high school for a song that fit me well and I decided to use it. It’s all about people thinking they know her based on looks or style when none of that matters and they don’t know the real her. It describes her as having stains on her t shirt and her being a flirt and that fits. I am constantly spilling food on myself, especially white shirt and I’m a girl so I tend to flirt a little bit…


Something like that-Tim McGraw


I picked this song because my whole family is huge Tim McGraw fans. Growing up, as we would get ready for church my mom would turn the channel to CMT and we would listen to country music. It was always really loud and every time I think of Tim but mainly country music, I think of how I would sit and watch all the country music videos and sing along before church. Because of this my friend’s dad would use me as the human song identifier everytime a country song would come on because I seriously knew every single song possible. He was pretty impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment