Saturday, September 8, 2012

caitlin: 3 > hobby lobby:0

summer projects:
sometimes i see ideas on pinterest and wanna do them. i go to hobby lobby and see a similiar thing but sometimes hobby lobby can be pricey, so i decide to make it myself.
i made tons of the big bow ones for my 3 year old niece and the rosettes for my newborn niece. I didnt get pictures of them all but they were so cute. I told Megs not to loose them so i can use them someday but easier said than done when you have little kids.
I also did this:
                  BEFORE:                                                               
After:
I got this for $5.99 at Ross! Usually i find these for a lot more. A lot of people dont know, but they have some cool house decor. Along with TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby and Marshalls. Sometimes i like the before better...but the white goes with my room better. I spray painted it and took the hanging hooks off of the top. The nice thing is i can change the color or sand it and make it look different whenever i want. The color i eventually want it to be is mustard yellow.

Jewelry Holder.
Before:
After:
I AM SO EXCITED about this project. I have wanted to do this for a long long time. The piece of wood i got for a $1 at the thrift store. It was so perfect because the back of it had holes already in it [it was for another hanging] and then we didnt have to measure out the distance between the door knobs so a lot of time was saved. I then painted it white and sanded the edges. Dad loved helping me, he got so into it, he used his tools and made the holes and saudered the back of the knobs off. Last minute touches included getting hooks and sanded and painting the knobs a bit. Best part? I got all the knobs for 50% off so i spent about $12 for all of them from hobby lobby. The family says i should sell them, not because no one else can make them but its time consuming.
And now the whole room put together [minus the desk-which isnt very excited at the moment]...
[sign: Target, Jewelry Hanger: yours truly]
p.s- see the white on the black knob? that was dads creative side coming out. haha so cute :)
and the far left one i sanded for a vintage look.
[weird tall grey thing on the far right i HAD to have-Hobby Lobby, birdcage-Ross, Mason Jars-Hobby Lobby, thrift stores]
[Shelves-Target, Mustard frames-Hobby Lobby]
The frames were a necessity from the second i saw them and the last ones there! Oh and I do plan on putting pictures in them. These would be really easy to make but i love these ones...
Frame- where do you think..
Boring? yes. I got this for 50% off at Hobby Lobby and i plan on getting more for this wall when i go back in different shapes and sizes for a whole wall. I dont plan on painting them because when i have my own house i wont have a boring white wall....
For example: these are ideas i LOVE [found on pinterest!]
My closet...
Ignore the bed...
Well this is the stuff i have decorated so far. I love my room so much. The next thing i wanna work on is a burlap banner to go over my bed. Ahh i cant wait til i have my own house :)

xoxo Cait xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment