Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sweater Lovin

This post is all about being able to wear your favorite Spring or Summer clothes in the Winter. This dress is my husbands absolute favorite on me, so I wanted to find a way to be able to wear it when its cold outside and not look crazy. Sometimes I feel like living in Utah its warm only four months and I wanted to wear this more! Instead of the usual sandals or wedges and a cardigan I paired it with some Steve Madden ankle boots. These boots come in tons of colors and I absolutely adore them. This sweater is big and baggy and cozy but I actually liked pairing it with a dress because you can still feel girly and feminine. Sometimes oversized sweaters make me feel bulky or fat and I hate that but pairing it with a dress got rid of that. I was kinda nervous about how this outfit would turn out but the husband LOVED it & so do I. Don't be afraid to pair dresses or skirts with oversized sweaters, chunky scarves and boots. Don't be afraid to wear "spring or summer colors" in the Winter. People kind of shy away from wearing certain prints or colors but doing so helps to get rid of the Winter blues! Its nice to have pieces that you can wear all year long and a couple add ons transforms the outfit from Spring to Winter. Go through your own closet and see what you can wear all year round- try on some things and switch it up. You'll be surprised what you can keep in your closet all year and what actually works!
Boots: Steve Maddens in Brown Leather Sweater: Forever 21 (they are out of this color but they have it in others) Forever 21 Option 2 Option 3 Dress: Old from Charlottes Russe similar Lulus and Lulus also Necklace: J Crew Factory but its not online anymore except in gold so check Ebay! They have a ton! I love Forever 21! They have the best sweaters and they are pretty cheap!
Switch it up!
 xoxo CAIT xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment