Monday, August 25, 2014

San Antonio

Guys, the summer is coming to an end! And if you could hear me say it I would sound like the happiest person ever. Who in their right mind is excited for the summer to be over?? Um a Vivint employee and his wife, that's who. This Summer was a lot of change for a couple of newlyweds who are used to spending every waking minute together (well except for his sales trips) but at the same time I know I will go home and miss Texas, the wives and our little apt that has become a second home.

For those who have no clue what's going on in my life (by the questions, i'm assuming everyone) I'll fill you in. We have 3.5 weeks left here (here being right outside of Houston) & that's it. Our 5 months is finally coming to an end. It's been a long Summer, even longer for the guys but I know all the fun and time together is going to be worth it. I started off entertaining myself by picking up a job but it was most definitely not a good environment one, and two, it was starting to interfere with the little time we had together so it only lasted 5 to 6 weeks. Then I entertained myself by taking two weeks to visit friends and family in both Maryland and Florida which was nice but my hardworking man had to stay behind. Then I "entertained" myself by studying for my praxis exam and luckily passed! So good news is I will actually graduate in this lifetime! And even better news is it will be in the next two years, if things continue to go according to plan I will be back in school in January. Since Lyle decided to do extended season I knew he needed some fun to be able to finish strong so obviously a mini vacation was necessary. I made a list of things we wanted to do in during our time down here (no surprise there, I love lists) and a trip to San Antonio was at the top. First off we wandered a local farmers market, then checked into our hotel & then wandered a couple blocks to the Alamo because we were that close! Now unfortunately for us, it happened to be one of the hottest days ever. Lyle thinks its even hotter in San Antonio than Houston and we were both dying. But even still we learned some history, took some pictures & sat on some canons...
My favorite part came next...
Innertube strugglin. 
Ok if you go to Texas, you HAVE to go tubing down the river, which shouldn't be hard because theres lots of them to choose from. I loved the atmosphere and how you could just float but you would come up to these fun mini rapids. We met a couple New Yorkers and got to listen to some music. All in all, it was a good time. This is something I was told about when I first got to Texas and I have wanted to do it all Summer...it was worth it.
 Then we came back and went to the San Antonio Riverwalk!
(the boat below is the one we actually went on)
It was beautiful! Lyle said he felt like we were in the Jungle Book and he was waiting to see some wild animals. If you count ducks & bats then yes we sure did! Yes, I said bats. 
I know this picture is absolutely terrible haha but this is when the whole bat thing came into play. When we went under this tons and tons of bats started flying over head and instead of taking pictures I just stared at them so here ya go, one lone bat straggler. It was one of the coolest things and our driver said he's only seen something like that twice in the past 5 years. SO cool.
Then we had dinner on the Riverwalk! This duck was originally named Olsen (by me) but Lyle said Bill was more fitting so I rolled with it. Word of advice: DO NOT GO TO THE RIVER WALK WHEN YOU ARE STARVING. You've been warned. There was more restaurants than I could count and I was beyond hungry and I couldn't handle the choices. Luckily Lyle ended up picking one of the many Mexican places and Bill enjoyed it as well. Begging ducks are almost as cute as begging puppies.
 When we got home we just crashed. I was beyond excited to have a t.v. (we decided to do without one this summer & not drag ours down here) and snuggle up to watch an episode of Friends but no such luck. The next morning we went to The Magnolia Pancake Haus. I found it from an episode of Diners, Drive ins and Drives, a favorite show of ours, and Lyle was in heavennnn. He's always down for anything I plan because I always pick the best food places that he will love. It was every bit as good as we hoped it would be and getting up at 6:30 for it was SO worth it. FYI: a cute couple at the Farmers Market told us to get there early because the wait can get pretty insane.
 Then we meandered down to the River Walk one last time. I was so sad to say goodbye.
Of course Murphy had to get the Riverwalk experience too
I was hoping this trip would get us through these last couple weeks but I'm missing San Antonio already. We have lots to look forward to in the next couple months because our "Summer" is just beginning! A road trip to the coast and our trip to Europe, which is booked and now official btw because can you believe we have been married 11 months? What. I am not about to give up the title of newlyweds guys, sorry, it's staying...PDA is going to become even more unacceptable and I am lovin life right now. But anyway yeah, our ONE YEAR is next month. But lets finish things in Texas with a bang first babe, 200 club and maybe a little LUKE BRYAN?! I love you!

Oh and on a side note, even though I got out of my first day of school today this little man didn't! My favorite nephew started 1st grade today and there is no doubt that his smile is already gonna break hearts. Good luck CJ! First grade and sporting a faux hawk? Where is time going?!
Love, a wanderlusting Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment