Monday, February 6, 2012

Look ma, i can cook!

This weekend has been one of the best ones in a long time...
it was less focused on school and work but rather just having a good time and with all the credits i am taking and being so busy all the time it was much needed. On Friday we had a girls night and baked some cinnamon roll cake for "the team," and then we went to the dollar theatre and saw New Years which was actually really good considering all the bad reviews it got...Saturday i did work, it was my last day at my seasonal job which i absolutely love but it was time to part ways. Then Jared and Philip picked me up from work and we went to the BYU volleyball game. They lost. All. three. sets. Sad times...werent they supposed to be number one in the nation?? Anyway then the boys plus Joey went grocery shopping with me and i got ingredients to make them dinner! I made them BBQ cups and french fries and they absolutely loved them. It was only my second time making them by myself ever and the first time i burnt them...whoops....but this time they turned out perfect. They are amazing and SO EASY and a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Boys LOVE them. I have not met one person who didnt like them, even Shannon whose a vegetarian misses eating them.
BBQ CUPS
Ingredients: ground beef
shredded cheese
biscuits(just the normal small ones that will fit in a cupcake pan)- not the flakey ones
***sweet baby rays honey bbq sauce
(the amount of ingredients depends on how many people you are feeding/if you want leftovers)

1. i set the oven to 200 degrees. dont know if thats what my mom sets it to but it worked great. Spray the cupcake pans with pam and then put one of the rolls in each and smush them out in the pan 2. Brown the ground beef. 3. Then mix in the bbq sauce until the meat is completely covered 4. Spoon in as much meat as desired on top of each roll. 5. Put in the oven for like 6 minutes. I check on them constantly so they dont get burned but you want them a little softer. 6. 2 or 3 minutes before you take them out, pull out the rack and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. The more the better. Pull out and let cool for a few minutes. I love these because they taste just as good a few days later for leftovers and they are so easy. I recommend dipping them in bbq sauce because they taste even better. Doesnt look too great here cause it wasnt right outta the oven but trust me, youll love them! If you have any questions ask me or my mom because its really her recipe and shes a pro.
xoxo Cait xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment