Saturday, November 26, 2011

the hap hap happiest christmas

I've done multiple Fall posts so heres my winter/christmas post!
I changed my ringback tone to a christmas song, Justin Bieber-Mistletoe, haha something that everyone pointed out to me in my voicemails this week. I have been listening to Christmas music since early November though... I mean i dont have my own little house or anyone to make Thanksgiving dinner for so i kinda skip that holiday for now. My room mates were teasing me because i told them you could totally decorate for Thanksgiving, with turkeys everywhere and they laughed. Amelia assured me my house would be adorable though and she couldnt wait to see it. Ahem, thank you. Heres are some Christmas favorites:
Top Christmas music
1.Little Drummer Boy-Sean Kingston
2.Mistletoe-Colbie Caillat
3. This Gift-98 degrees
4.My only wish-Britney Spears
5.All i want for Christmas-Mariah Carey
6. Mistletoe-Justin Bieber
7. Breath of Heaven-Amy Grant
8.Santa on the rooftop-Trisha Yearwood
9.Mary did you know?-Donny Osmond
10. Christmas (baby please come home)-Cher
11.What Christmas means to me-Stevie Wonder
12. Baby its cold outside-Jessica Simpson
13.This Christmas-Chris Brown
14. Last Christmas-Ashley Tisdale
15. The First Noel-Nysnc
16. Emmanuel, God with us-Amy Grant
17. The kid in me-Donny Osmond
18. ive been looking for christmas-Donny Osmond
You will not be dissapointed i promise, make a mix. I know you probably saw some names and went um no. Same here...haha but these songs are great. Tips: Dont look for the Amy Grant song on youtube i kept finding a weird version and buy the WHOLE Nsync album, it is unbelievable or at least check it out same for the Donny Osmond and Amy Grant ones, i grew up on them. What else do we love about christmas? well, all the lifetime christmas movies, the chickfila seasonal peppermint milkshake, christmas lights, christmas trees and decorating them, staying in and watching christmas movies, baking, going to see the temple lights, snow and snowboots, christmas hymns in church, eggnog (my mom has a great recipe!) and all the recipes for it which leads me to this...Eggnog Pound Cake-its gotten great reviews...
Recipe - it also has a eggnog cupcake recipe at this link!
Top 5 Christmas movies
1. Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation
2. Elf
3. I'll be home for Christmas
4. The Santa Clause
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
I know I'm not touching on the "classics" but these are some of my favorites :) No specific order

And for breakfast this year i want this
Santa breakfast
We usually have cinnamon rolls and eggnog Christmas morning but last year we switched it up to those plus breakfast pizzas, it was a first. I mean i'm all about tradition but i think Connor would love this this year! heck i would...

Finally, dont forget the gift giving.
I love scrubs and anything that smells good. One not so great thing about winter is the dry skin for most so here are some awesome blogs with gift giving DIY ideas i found.

These are some of my favorites for Christmas time, i would love to hear about yours!
xoxo Cait xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment